There's a Fire in Your Home, What Do You Do?
Fire damage can be very devastating, SERVPRO of Southern McHenry County will make sure that you, your home, and your family are taken care of
Do you know what to do if there is a fire in your house? Check out these steps to ensure you are prepared if a fire erupts in your home:
- Fight the fire or flee?
- Don't attempt to extinguish any fire if there is a threat to your safety. If the fire is small and you know how to use a fire extinguisher, you can attempt to extinguish the fire. You must note that fires can increase in size and intensity in seconds, blocking the exit path can create a dangerous atmosphere.
- The main priority is to get you and your family members out safely.
- Your priority should be to get yourself and your family members out as quickly as possible. Please don't think of picking up your valuables. Timing is very important.
- If you see smoke, crawl to the nearest exit!
- The toxic gases and the super heated air in the smoke makes it more dangerous. Smoke is lighter than air and so it rises above air.
If you experience a fire in your home, call the professionals at SERVPRO of Southern McHenry County at 847-516-1600.