It’s a cold winter evening and you decide to light a fire. Great idea!
However, this homeowner was expecting that the smoke to go up the chimney and not come pouring into the family room. Ugh. You’re wondering now if this back puffing is caused by a serious problem, a fluke breeze or by Uncle George’s failed Boy Scout merit badge in fire starting. You suddenly realize I forgotten to open the fireplace damper. Smoke has gotten into the family room and rest of the house.
How am I going to clean this soot up? It’s on the walls, ceiling, and floors. You look around and soot is on the furniture also.
It’s time to call SERVPRO of Southern McHenry County at 847-516-1600.