Recent Biohazard Posts
Hoarding Cleanup with Biohazard Contaminants in Algonquin/Lake In The Hills
Hoarding Cleanup with Biohazard
Do you know someone in your life that may be a hoarder?
We are often called to clean and restore properties with hoarding conditions after a water, fire, or mold damage. Many hoarding situations require biohazard or specialized bloodborne pathogen cleanup, depending on the items being hoarded. No matter the situation, our team has the experience to handle different hoarding situations, even before a damage has occurred.
Hoarding can create cramped living conditions and fill a home to its capacity. Often, only narrow pathways are available to move from room to room, and the number of items prevents the use of normal living space. Accumulation can be in every room of the house and may spread to the garage, vehicles, and yard.
Hazards associated with hoarding include:
- A fire hazard due to blocked exits and excessive smoke
- Unsanitary conditions that pose a risk to health
- Injury or being trapped by shifting or falling items
- Relationship conflicts, including loneliness and social isolation
- Financial problems
- Legal issues such as eviction
SERVPRO of Southern McHenry County offers hoarding cleanup, including situations with bloodborne pathogens. We are a full-service cleanup and restoration company. We can:
- Inventory, sort, and pack items of value
- If needed, kept items will be transported to our facility for storage
- Gather and dispose of items that require being thrown away
- Identification and cleanup of hazardous contaminants
- Deep clean of the entire home, including the garage and yard
- If any part of the property is permanently damaged, our reconstruction team will rebuild it.
- If requested, we can provide our services in unmarked vehicles for your privacy.
When hoarding begins to seriously affect the daily life of your friend or loved one, we’re to help. SERVPRO of Southern McHenry has over 17-years of experience remediating water, fire, and mold damage. We service Southern McHenry County and all surrounding Algonquin and Lake In The Hills communities. We can be reached 24/7 at 847-5161600.
Facebook Twitter Google+
“Like it never even happened.” only happens here.
NFPA National Fire Prevention Association
Residential Biohazard Cleanup
Fully suited up and Ready for Whatever Happens
SERVPRO of Southern McHenry County is fully trained and specialized in the cleaning and disposal of biohazard contents and affected materials.
When it comes to a biohazard situation, protection is the name of the game. Protection for our employees, protection for the home or business owner and protection of the environment during the disposal process. We never know what type of call we might get so our crews are always ready with Tyvek suits, industrial-grade gloves and full face respirators.
This Cary resident knew to call the experts at SERVPRO of Southern McHenry who would be able to properly clean his home with chemicals that cannot be purchased in your local hardware store. We were able to restore his home back to it's original state and make it "Like it never even happened."
Biohazard Cleanup Requires The Right Company
At a Crime Scene Cleanup
Bio-hazard cleanups require highly specialized cleaning company that provides bio-hazardous, blood cleanup services for people involved in accidental or trauma scene situations. Employees should be professionals highly trained in biohazard cleaning that will safely and discreetly remedy any blood scene involving biohazardous or infectious wastes and dispose of it properly. Biohazards such as: blood, bodily fluids, and tissues are contained, removed and all surfaces disinfected to provide a clean and safe environment.
Homeowners, property managers, co-workers, families and friends should find from emotional trauma and physical hazards associated with cleaning a bio-hazardous scene. We advise that family, friends, and co-workers should not try to cleanup a bio-hazard scene due to the potential bloodborne pathogen dangers and the emotional pain associated with the victims. We provide strict privacy for any biohazard cleanup at a trauma scene.
We work with all insurance companies if insurance is used.
Call SERVPRO of Southern McHenry County 847-516-1600 when the emergency occurs.
We are an IICRC Certified Firm
Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm.
SERVPRO of Southern McHenry County is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
• Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
• Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
• Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
• Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
• Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.